Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Question for Acoustic types

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member airboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question for Acoustic types

    I'm still fooling around trying to build my shop. I'll be putting a 416a/802/811 system in there. The speakers will be built according to an Altec design for these components and then installed into recesses, with the front (say) 5 inches sticking into the shop area. Because they are near the ceiling should I put them in with the bass driver at the top? In other words upside down so I can get some coupling of the bass to the ceiling? Or just install them normal with the horns on top.

    Thanks
    Dan
    Last of the World's Great Human Beings, well maybe one of the last? OK, just an ordinary slacker then.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Earl K's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    513
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Question for Acoustic types

    I'd hang the boxes horn down ( for the extra clarity this can offer when trying to get over top of the noise from power tools ) .

    <> cheers

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Question for Acoustic types


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Question for Acoustic types

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    I'd hang the boxes horn down ( for the extra clarity this can offer when trying to get over top of the noise from power tools ) .

    <> cheers
    Valid, and the woofer close to the ceiling is also valid...so ya know what I would do...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.